One touch dialing....General

1. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to have your contacts on the home screen, and allow for one touch dialing on the new Droid RAZR?

Advertisement
  2. boscoj

boscoj Member

mine came with a "Add Favorite Contacts" bar at the top . . . like this image

[​IMG]
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

add shortcut to homescreen: application, direct dial, choose contact.

EDIT: I was wrong. I should have said : Shortcut, Direct Dial, choose contact. (that's how it works on the Bionic for ONE touch dialing from the homescreen)
    chris4x4 likes this.
  4. chris4x4

Ok....I saw that at the store.

Does this allow to have the pic of the contact on teh home screen, and when touched, it auto dials them?
  5. dave1812

of course.
  6. chris4x4

Thanks Dave!
  7. destms

destms New Member

i do not see direct dial as an option within appliations - how can i assign a direct dial to a contact?

this is very frustrating
  8. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

This was one of the reasons I returned the Droid X. I don't belive Motorola, unlike HTC allows you to do with, which is very lame IMO.
  9. chris4x4

Ok....so can this be done or not? I havent had a chance to try on a demo unit, and I dont want to buy the phone if this feature cannot be performed.
  10. Jerzie

Jerzie Well-Known Member

Yes!!! It's very simple. "Favorite contacts widget " it has 4 ppl across screen which u can pull down on to access up to 20 contacts. From each persons icon u can have one touch dialing or multiple options such as Facebook, email, text, navigation etc..
  11. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

That's not what he's looking for though. He just wants one icon that when he hits it, just calls one person. one touch one step. Moto doesn't let you do that.
  12. Jerzie

Jerzie Well-Known Member

Got ya. Yea its 2 clicks rather than 1. Or u can hit voice shortcut and give verbal command. Lol
    One touch or two not a deal breaker for me.
  13. dave1812

If the Razr is like the Bionic, you can do: Shortcut, Direct dial, [choose Contact]. I may have misstated it earlier.
    lowboydrvr and breadnatty08 like this.
  14. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yes, this is exactly it. This is a straight up Android feature, not OEM dependent. If, for whatever reason the Razr doesn't have it, that's an absolute fail. What I always tell to folks new to Android is, if you can't figure it out, try a long press! :rolleyes:
    dave1812 likes this.
  15. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

aTakephone is a nice dialer app. I think probably what I will use instead of the stock dialer, which I find not friendly for one finger use. In aTakephone you can short-press to get options (to call, email, text, etc) or long-press to dial the default number (that you can set).

UPDATE: Sorry aTakephone, I've moved to GO Dialer EX (and contacts). Screen just looks better.
  16. chris4x4

OK! I figured it out in the store, and the sales folks didnt know it could be done! SO...I showed them, and then bought the phone! :) The procedure is as follows:

From the screen you want to have the one touch added, press and hold a bare spot until the "Add To Home" screen comes up. Then select "Short Cuts". Then "App Actions", then "Direct dial", and select the contact you want to have as a One Touch dial! You can also do this with "911" if you have it saved as a contact. The nice thing with the 911 one touch dial, is that if you hit it, the dial screen shows with "911" already input. You hit the green send button, then it dials. So, you cant hit it accidentally, but still have quick access if needed.
    jrowlings and Xiogua like this.
  17. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. On my Incredible I had to use an app Contact Widget but on my Razr it is not needed.
    dave1812 likes this.
  18. OlManRivah

OlManRivah Well-Known Member

Tap Dialer in the Market does it. Gives you a widget. Tap once for a number, Tap twice for another, etc.