1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

One touch root?

1. Wrarvoz

Wrarvoz Member

Here's the story. I know how to root using the SPR recovery method BUT I have a friend at work who wants his phone rooted. He's bad with computers and doesn't think he can do what I directed him to do (even with superoneclick). He has a droid and has android 2.22. I've looked into z4root and another called visionary r14 and neither seem to work on 2.22, if anyone knows of a way to root a droid with 2.22 and no PC access, I'd appreciate any input! thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

If this friend is local why not root his phone for him?
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

This doesn't work because of this:

At this time, AFAIK, there is no way to root the Motorola A855/Droid 1 phone without pc access. Odd though, since z4root will work on the locked bootloader phones, A955/Droid 2, Droid X, etc.

Because friends don't let friends root their friend's phones, lol. In all seriousness, I wouldn't root someone else's phone for $100. Unless said person is willing to pay me $100+ every other time they have a problem with it. Why? Because rooting an Android phone should only be done by advanced users (owners), who understand fully what all it entails, how it's done and how (especially) to fix it if the screwing around with it screws it up.
  4. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

+1 on this...

If you root a friend phone for them, you will be their service tech for life. As fast as ROMs change and update you would forever be "helping" your friend because after all either they didn't know enough to do it and therefore can't learn, or they are to lazy to do the reading and such to do it right and therefore won't learn. Of course this is IMHO only.