One wierd android quirk

Last Updated:

1. malibu23

malibu23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when you disable text notification to show up in status bar, it dims out the ability to have a sound alert. so my texts dont show up on the lock screen (good) but now i dont get any type of alert, (bad) any way around this?

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Are you using the HTC messaging app cause mine doesnt behave like that. I can uncheck receive notification and still have play notification sound checked (and not be dimmed out).

3. malibu23

yes stock messaging app. i uncheck it, the notification dims everything else under it. so i cant get any audio alerts for texts.

4. malibu23

any1 else confirm this is my isolated problem?

5. jloyac1

jloyac1 Member

No. Not just you. I have noticed this when turning off notifications. Im using chompsms till handcent gets straightened out. Itll let you customize your notifications more deeply. I found that weird too though.

6. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Well that is strange that I'm not getting that behavior and both of you are. Did either of you install the OTA update yesterday? I did, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

7. n0apostrophe

n0apostrophe Well-Known Member

if you search a few pages back on this forum someone posted a link to the handcent developers page and you can download the file to your computer. it was a .rar so i had to download a converter, but once it was in .apk format you can load it on your phone using a file manager like astro. works well. i really like it.