• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One X "Not Enough Memory" error

Daemon8666

Lurker
Jul 26, 2012
You guys have been a great resource in the past, so I thought I'd pose you this one.

I have a One X, which I love. Last night I was reading a .doc file (maybe 1.5 mb) and all was well. I woke up this morning, attempted to access the same document, and am now getting a"Not enough memory" error. I checked, I have no programs.running besides.the basics, and the system read the file easily enough last night. I have also done a full factory reset to try to clear it, as well as multiple restarts and shutdowns, and manually killing non essentials apps, but nothing seems to work. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I'd recommend downloading ZDBox as it gives you details about the running applications, what's killing your memory, and it has an built-in task manager where you can easily kill applications. I am not sure if you're talking about RAM or ROM memory, though, so I could be mistaken. The "Manage Apps" setting that is there by default could work for that as well.

Upvote 0
You guys have been a great resource in the past, so I thought I'd pose you this one.

I have a One X, which I love. Last night I was reading a .doc file (maybe 1.5 mb) and all was well. I woke up this morning, attempted to access the same document, and am now getting a"Not enough memory" error. I checked, I have no programs.running besides.the basics, and the system read the file easily enough last night. I have also done a full factory reset to try to clear it, as well as multiple restarts and shutdowns, and manually killing non essentials apps, but nothing seems to work. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!
I have the one x plus and found same problem. turned out I had loaded it with files from my old phone via a back up app and they had not gone to where they should have. (sorry lack of tech speak). said I had run out of memory when I should have had 55GB free. I ended up having to factory reset then loaded everything individually now seems fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones