• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One x won't unzip a folder downloaded from dropbox

Hi everyone!

I have a zipped folder of .JPEGs in my dropbox.

When I use the dropbox app to download this folder to my one x, the phone can not / will not unzip it to allow me to see the images.

I have tried using winzip, androzip and whatever comes installed on the one x.

It's very frustrating - what am I doing wrong?

thanks

Welcome to AF! :)

Have you tried Astro File Manager? That has a inbuilt zip manager, as does ES File Explorer.

With ES, navigate to the zip file you want to extract, long press it and select "Extract To". Does that work?

hey, I am having some of the same issues. I am actually trying to add a theme to my widgetlocker and i put the file in my dropbox, but when I try to extract it tells me "exeption found" can not create path. Do you know why it is doing this?

Upvote 0
hey, I am having some of the same issues. I am actually trying to add a theme to my widgetlocker and i put the file in my dropbox, but when I try to extract it tells me "exeption found" can not create path. Do you know why it is doing this?

No need to extract, widgetlocker will read zip files and do the extracting and apply the theme itself. . :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones