• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One X+, worth the money over the One X?

BlueWRXPride

Nov 19, 2012
I'm moving from an iPhone 4 and looking to get either the HTC One X or the One X+. The S3 is technically still under consideration, but I think I like the HTC better) My question is, do you think the One X+ is worth the extra money over the one X? The only real difference that I can see is the processor is now quad core clocked at 1.7GHz. The ram is also doubled to 64gb, but for my needs 32gb is enough, so the memory is a non issue. It also has a larger batter, but with the extra cores I don't know if that translates to longer battery life. And it comes with 4.1, but the One X should be getting 4.1 soon anyway.

I'm seeing some black friday deals with the One X being only $50 or even free, where as the One X+ is going to be $200. I have a hard time convincing myself that the better processor will be worth a $150 or $200 premium. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I realize that there are a few more differences, but I felt like the ones I mentioned were the most significant. I was more asking for people's opinions on if those significant changes were actually worth the premium. Would I obviously notice the better performance from the quad core chip under normal use?

Upvote 0
I have had a One X and picked up the One X plus today. Since you are coming from an iPhone 4, am I correct in assuming you will have this phone for the next two years. If so, definitely go with the X +. The storage alone will be beneficial in the long run. I do think the processor makes it a better performing device, but that could still be placebo effect of the new device. I just think you will future proof yourself more with the X +. Both are excellent devices though. Good luck with your decision.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I do plan on having the device for the next 2 years. Have you had the one X+ long enough to get a feel for the battery life? Does it last as long on a charge as the one X did? I'm guessing the two extra cores and the extra battery capacity probably balance each other out to very similar battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones