• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Oneplus One No Google Apps

By the way, when I restored my phone prior to losing my GApps, i didnt lose anything. i did it several times actually and it was fine. When I go into the recovery mode its in an asian language so its quite possible i did something wrong but i tried to follow a guide and i think it was fine. i bought it off oppomart instead of the oneplus website. and how do i check what im running when i go into about phone it says android versoin 5.0.2 its on cyanogenmod if thats what u mean.

Upvote 0
Ok, so it looks like you flashed a custom ROM (CM12) rather than restoring the stock ROM (CM11s) which at this point is based on Android 4.4. All you need to do is download and flash a gapps package (Google Apps) and everything will work fine. You have options:
I've been using dhacker's.

If you want to restore it to stock, flash this from fastboot:
http://builds.cyngn.com/factory/bacon/cm-11.0-XNPH05Q-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip

You may want to hold off on restoring the stock ROM based on Kit Kat (CM11s) as CM12s based on Lollipop 5.0.2 will be released before the end of the month which is now <1 week away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what do i do with the gapps sorry im a noob at all this

EDIT:
I googled and found out how to install GApps but when I start the phone up after installing it just says "[Appname] has stopped"

Youtube has stopped, play store has stopped, etc, over and over i cant even run an app or navigate the menues. i have to get rid of the GApps now somehow but cant. Cant even use phone.

Only option is to go stock i guess but I've no idea how to do thata

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, if you are successfully on a Lollipop Rom that means you now have CM12 firmware. If you want to downgrade to a KitKat based rom, you would have to flash the firmware for it to properly function. That firmware can be located @ https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722644978

Now that would not be my recommendation since you already have the updated firmware. Do you know what Recovery you are using? I see that Cafe gave you a link for the GApps, which one did you install? Nowadays there are 5.0.2 GApps along with 5.1 GApps so we want to make sure we are giving you the correct links.

Since it appears you have the updated firmware, I would recommend a 5.0.2 Rom as the 5.1 Roms are pretty fresh and have errors. If you want to go stock, combine Cafe's advice with the beginning of this post and you should be good to go. If you want to try a custom rom, I recommend this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/rom-slimsaber-bacon-t2858033 Not only is it stable, the directions are great. Please remember to read thoroughly before flashing anything in the future. The more you read, the less likely you are to run into issues such as this scenario.

Post back if you have any questions or if you need any of us to explain in more detail. Kolio and Cafe possess a wealth of knowledge and are very helpful. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
what do i do with the gapps sorry im a noob at all this

EDIT:
I googled and found out how to install GApps but when I start the phone up after installing it just says "[Appname] has stopped"

Youtube has stopped, play store has stopped, etc, over and over i cant even run an app or navigate the menues. i have to get rid of the GApps now somehow but cant. Cant even use phone.

Only option is to go stock i guess but I've no idea how to do thata
Before starting all over from scratch (which is not a bad idea), you could go into recovery and wipe the cache partition and delete Dalvik/ART cache, then reboot.

Otherwise, Confed's advice above is sound.

Please remember to read thoroughly before flashing anything in the future.
+1

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones