Ongoing problem, not getting texts and trackball not working

Last Updated:

1. tink22

tink22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Like many others I am not getting all my texts and the trackball only lights up when I get an email but not when I get a text even though its enabled to in settings.

After reading other posts on here I followed the advice and emailed HTC, they just said they were aware of problem and update should be on their website in a week or so, this was on 8th sept. I also emailed mobilephonesdirest where I got the phone and they asked me to return it and they would test it out to see if they could see the problems and replace if they did find problem or send same phone back if not.

Well surprise surprise I got phone back today with note saying they found no problem with texts , (have 4 test texts still in my inbox, they really tested that out didnt they!) and they said I have quite a few apps running and this is probably what is interfering with sending/receiveng texts??? No mention of trackball light problem whatsoever! They finished by saying if problem persists I have to contact HTC for repair.

I have only had the phone for 2 weeks and the problems were there from the start, when I had no apps running!

Where do I stand? I really love the phone but its not doing what they advertise it says it should do, so surely they have to be responsible?

Really hoping the update fixes the text problem if nothing else.

Thanks if you read this far, I know its nothing you havent heard before, but a phone that doesnt text is useless.

Tink22

Advertisement