Ongoing trouble w/ brightness & voiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. beldorian

beldorian Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have two constant issues on my Epic-I've been ignoring them for a month but there must be a fix & I could really use your help! Also it would be good to hear from others who are seeing the same things so I know I am not completely insane...

1 - My screen brightness seems to adjust up on its own... To increase battery life I have it set all the way down...but, for example, as I was typing this post the brightness increased on its own... Any ideas?

2 - My voice recognition stops working all the time...not with one app either... Resetting my profile seems to fix it for about 5 minutes but it doesn't take long for it to go TU again

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. TannerRobinson

TannerRobinson Member

Bump!

I have the exact same problem with screen brightness. Its killing my battery!

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

yea #1 is weird .. double bump this shit

4. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

I was having this problem too (with the brightness), but I think I may have an idea what it could be. I read in another forum, or maybe another thread here that swiping the notification bar from left to right or right to left will increase or decrease your brightness. So it seems as though it would be pretty easy to do this by accident if you're a person who touches the notification bar a lot (like me). I had no idea about this, but I bet it accounts for my random screen brightening.

5. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

happens to me even if I don't touch it, + I leave it on auto adjust which disables that

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Do you have power saver mode unchecked? It not dimming will happen regardless of your settings. Also when using the internet the browser has its own brightness settings independent of the phones brightness settings. While in the factory browser hit the far left bottom key then hit more then go to settings.

7. thepiecesfit

thepiecesfit Member

menu > settings > display uncheck `Auto adjust screen power`.

This is different than auto brightness. Turned it off and my browser brightness no longer fluctuates. Now my manual brightness is actually lower but the screen is brighter!!!

This was driving me nuts cause i knew my brightness was fixed.