Online availability at midnight?

Last Updated:

1. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I plan on buying the phone online the minute it's up on the Verizon site (I'd buy it in store but I HATE HATE HATE dealing with rebates).

Do you guys think it will be up at midnight? And, if so, how quickly do you think it'll sell out?

Does Verizon offer 24-hour shipping on their online orders still? - ANSWERED

Advertisement
  2. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

It appears so:

Enter your location

Enjoy free overnight shipping* when you order online Monday - Friday by 4:30 pm! Some customers may need to select Overnight shipping option in drop down and enter promo code FREEOVERNT at checkout
    Signature will be required upon delivery.
    *Free Overnight Shipping is available for purchases placed on VerizonWireless.com within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Orders placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday

Kaleb Randleaxe likes this.
  3. Kaleb Randleaxe

Awesome, that answers one question! :D

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

They rarely put stuff up midnight eastern. sigh. I'll have to stay awake until three am! ;)

5. Kaleb Randleaxe

Seriously? That sucks! I'm off at college and I'm on a family plan, so my mom's gonna have to be the one who orders it. She's not gonna want to stay up until 3am. : P

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I hope not.

7. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I ordered Incredible at 10 pm PST or so day before it went for pre-order. It means they did start pre-orders at midnight EST.

8. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

oh the joys of being in a time zone that is 7 hours ahead of eastern time... (but i still wont be able to get it for another week cause of the stupid slow mail) :(

9. MarkAllan22

MarkAllan22 Active Member

I asked this on the Verizon forums, and I believe it was a CSR that said the Droid X would be online at 7 a.m., presumably Eastern time.

So, I guess we'll be able to get some sleep, if we're all not tossing and turning. :D Then it'll be another long 30 or so hours until Fed-Ex delivers them. :(

10. cray

cray Member

I get up at 4:00 A.M. MST to walk and exercise. If they are sold out by then I will just be out of luck. :)

Unless I stay up all night ...................
    Unless I wake up every hour on the hour ............................
    Unless I hire someone to stay awake and order for me ..........................
    Unless I keep hitting refresh on the VzW web site starting at midnight ....................

Just kidding :D

After all it is only a phone.

11. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

As far as I know I heard they will be available at Midnight... but I really wouldn't bother with that. Call Verizon ask a CSR to put a note in your account for someone to call you early AM on Thursday to order the X. Thats what I am doing. I have a 9AM appointment with a CSR over phone.

12. Kaleb Randleaxe

Maybe we should make a Twitter or something that somebody can use to tweet everybody who is waiting for it to show up on the site. Or a calling / texting list or something. Lol

13. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member

I stopped by a local place today, not a Verizon company store, but Diamond Wireless or something...anyhow, the MGR didn't know how many they would have, but was excited when I told him it was a AT&T to Verizon switch (he prob gets a bigger $ for new customers). So he took my name/number and said he'd hold one for me for Thursday.

With that being said, I'm going to check online first. I get a decent corp discount on accessories (nothing on phone HW itself), activation waived, and no rebate to deal with, free overnight shipping... so needless to say, if I can get online Wed night/Thurs morning and order it online and not be already back-ordered/long delay, I'll go that way. If I can't, I'll go over and get one locally. I can wait a day or two for a lot less hassle.

Sw2

14. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

Can't I save 35 bucks on activation if I wait one more day till Friday to order it? Or is there a way I can get the activation waived and order it Thursday?