Online lag?

Last Updated:

1. g2red89

g2red89 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I type online whether its attempting to compose a myspace response or a general response on a message board like this, I experience annoying lag. I'm sure I'm not the only one, at least I hope I'm not, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that in the beginning. My question is, is this a network type thing? Or is it a memory/space type thing. I'm 90% on the wifi, and I would hope its a network thing because the lag online is becoming really annoying.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I have the same problem and i'm pretty sure it's a phone issue not a network issue, because it happens even when I have full bars.

3. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

If you are using the native browser it is because it has java lite. Try using dolphin and see if you have the same lag.

4. g2red89

Ok, I'm typing this in the dolphin browser on my phone right now. Still lagging, but its probably niw as bad. It seems to lag more In landscape mode for some reason. It's so annoying. Anyone know if they sell a physical. keypad I could buy and use with the Hero?

5. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Very slight lag for me. Hopefully they will smooth it out on the next upgrade.

6. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Do you have haptic feedback turned on? If so, turn it off and try it again; the sensation of lag is greatly diminished with haptic feedback off.

jd

P.S. no lag here... dolphin on board.

7. g2red89

What exactly is haptic feedback, and where exactly can I turn it on and or off at?

8. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

It's the vibration the Hero makes when you press a key on the keyboard. To turn it on/off from the Home Screen, press:

Menu:Settings:Locale&Text:Touch Input: Text Input:Vibrate when Typing.

9. g2red89

Ok, I turned it off. I'm typing on it right now with the dolphin browser, and It still seems to be lagging. Man, I wish they would sell some kind of keypad.

10. g2red89

I actually notice an improvement with it off. It still lags, but its not as bad I think. I'll have to test it more, but I can tolerate it better with the haptic feature off and the typing sound on. And I did all this from my phone. And hearing the sound seems to help a lot. Thanks for all the replies.

11. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I tried Dolphin and it's no better at all. It really bothers me because I don't really use my desktop at home and it takes like 10 minutes to reply to post on this forum even if it's only one or two sentences. I have all of the feedback turned off also which I don't like having to do.

12. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

I am counting how long this takes to type in the standard browser. There Is some lag and this took 45 seconds.

13. alexthearmo

alexthearmo Well-Known Member

Root your phones and flash a custom Rom. I recommend FRESH 1.1, I almost never experience lag anywhere using his custom ROM. Hope that helps.

14. g2red89

I have like no idea whatsoever about how to do that. And I think Im better off with the lag because Im scared if I do do something like that, my phone will be effed up forever.