1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Online Multiplayer Games

Last Updated:

1. aad4321

aad4321 Guest This Topic's Starter

It would be very cool if they released online multiplayer games. :)

Advertisement
  2. PhantomTrace

PhantomTrace Well-Known Member

hmmm lol.. COD, GTA, Virtual Fighter, Warhawk...ect

3. ballerchris6998

ballerchris6998 Member

Yes this would be cool the G1 has one major advantage over the iPhone on the iphone you can't use the keyboard as a control or to take any actions in a game because the keyboard is on screen and developers are forced to use the accelerometer on the other hand developers on the G1 can create applications or games using the trackball, keyboard and accelerometer.

4. macleem

macleem Member

that would be pretty cool. imagine WoW or City of Heros online but it would work with one of those social networking/GPS/ apps.

5. bluesk1d

bluesk1d Active Member

They have that. Its called Parallel Kingdom.

6. koffi

koffi Member

For some reason, this game was one of the deal breakers on me getting the G1... I'm officially a nerd.

7. bluesk1d

bluesk1d Active Member

Embrace it

8. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

I'd like to see some simple games with multi-player... Street Fighter 2 with worldwide tournaments. I call GUILE!

Seriously... games could get pretty friggin awesome once the multi-player element becomes common practice!

9. Phaze151

Phaze151 Member

i had a FPS on my tmo wing i think it was call of duty 2.. all i did was run around shooting bots lol
    and this one RTS game called.......i can't remember right now but they were fun games

10. markcarraway

markcarraway New Member

Speaking of parallel kingdom, has anyone here played it? It seemed to me that unless there were a lot of people around you playing as well, that the game wouldn't be that interesting.

11. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I have tried it out. It was kind of boring after a bit, but was a beautiful game interface wise. It lacked some connection issues which eventually made it not fun, to keep quitting and restarting.

I can see the future with this and it does look exciting though. Everyone should try it out.

12. Zinzi

Zinzi Well-Known Member

The G1 is pretty much a phone for nerds anyway ;) Nothing wrong with that though!

I keep meaning to try out Parallel Kingdom, it looks pretty neat. The chances of anyone around here having it are slim to none though, so I'd be playing alone *yawn*

13. markcarraway

markcarraway New Member

That is what I was afraid of. No worries tho.. after a little more Android proliferation, concepts like this will be awesome. Just a little patience is all we need.

14. Gilby3000

Gilby3000 Member

Couldn't help myself, had to resurrect this thread.

I am one of the devs for Parallel Kingdom. We just released a totally new version with updated graphics and tons of new features. At last count we had over 80,000 accounts so you'd be surprised to see who might be playing near you.

Here's the trailer for the new version:
    YouTube - Parallel Kingdom - Age of Emergence Trailer

15. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Great video...glad you came back and posted it. I will give it another whirl.

16. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member

Never heard of this until today. Gave it a download, and signed up for an account, but then it can't find where I am.

It said to load up Google Maps and see if it could find me (it could) then go back to PK (which I did), but then when I try to log into my account, it says it's not an existing account.

So I created an account again, and got the same error about not being able to find me/check Google Maps.

Help! :)

17. Gilby3000

Gilby3000 Member

First, make sure that your GPS is available to other applications - check your settings

Also, what phone are you using?

If it's not your phone's settings, you can e-mail tech-support@parallelkingdom.com

They're good. They should be able to help you out. Thanks for giving it a shot, hope you get to play :)

18. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member

Tried it again, and now it magically works. It's cool to see there are over 30 people in my town signed up.

19. DroidGames

DroidGames Active Member

20. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Well-Known Member

Pocket Empires i can recomend strong its like Paralell Kingdom but without the gps thingy..

21. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Year old thread necro, nice.

22. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

What kind of online multiplayer games are you looking for? Aside from what others have listed, there are quite a few more. If you want FPS games, there are two from Gameloft, N.O.V.A and Modern Combat. A popular MMO is Pocket Legends. All three of those games are cross platform as well, expanding the amount of people you can play with (iOS and Android powered devices, for example).