1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Online password manager?

Last Updated:

1. kordi

kordi Member This Topic's Starter

As no one replied to my previous post I decided to change the thread a little bit ....

Advertisement
  2. kordi

Anybody?

After hours of search I would be in fact willing to pay 12$ per year as I am sick and tired of searching ... However what I discovered is that LastPass has one major drawback. IT DOES NOT WORK OFFLINE!!!!!!!! I need internet connection in order to be able to be able to view my passwords.

Can it be bypassed somehow?

3. teg0804

teg0804 New Member

I use 1password on my Mac, PC & my SGS and have my 1password data file saved in Dropbox so my passwords gets updated in the cloud straight away, accessing the same up-to-date passwords on any devices connected to the Dropbox server.
    I've tried few different applications over the years and found this set up to be the best.

4. kordi

Today I tried similar thing with keepass. It still isn't exactly what I was looking for still it's free and it's almost what I wanted so I will not bitch about it. I am satisfied as for now :).

5. Happs

Happs Member

I use LastPass and to be honest I had no idea it didn't work offline!! (I must always be online...).

6. teg0804

teg0804 New Member

1password works in offline mode as well.
    It automatically syncs the data whenever it detects the connection but when it's offline it uses last synced data.

7. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Oh heck...I didn't realize that either. When I had it on my BlackBerry I could have sworn you could choose between going online or logging into a database stored on the phone. Perhaps this is a limitation of the Android version.