Online storageGeneral

1. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Whats the best way to store pics online and being able to view on any device? I was thinking about using picasa which links them to your gallery.

Advertisement
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

The only reason I don't want to go this route is due to pictures being stored in the "cloud' are also on the device and cannot be deleted. I wish I could find where I read that at.

If thats what you want to do, Picasa, Google, Dropbox....so many options.
  3. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Better suggestions?
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Everything good has been mentioned. Nothing else worth mentioning out there.
  5. NewmanTNinja

NewmanTNinja Member

When you started with your device, you may have been offered a deal with Dropbox for up to 48 gigs of free storage for two years. If you're interested in that deal, go to dropbox.com from your note 10.1 and follow the instructions.
  6. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

"free storage for two years."

Ah, that's the catch. Still, free for two years isn't bad.
  7. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

It's not bad at all, considering how often new devices pop up. If the dropbox offer gets popularized on other devices as well, one may never need to pay for additional online storage ever again
  8. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

I use Flickr (flickr.com) to store/manage my photos from my PC, and just downloaded FlickFolio from the play store to my Note. I love it! Easy to browse or search images stored up in the Flickr cloud. If you take any photos on your Note, just Share them back up to Flickr and add them to your Photostream/sets.

Installed the same app on my Galaxy S3 phone as well. I had a free Flickr account but just upgraded to the Pro. For $25 a year, unlimited storage for my full-size images. I think that's a bargain to have 500+ GB of photos backed up.

Here's a link to the FlickFolio app.

Szadzik likes this.