• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only 1GB of internal memory?

I just returned this phone due to the lack of internal memory. I am now using my Vibrant again. While this phone does come with a 16GB memory card, ALL apps are not functional when transferred to the memory card. Unfortunately, many of the apps that I use require that they are installed in the internal memory. Once you run short on internal memory a notification in generated & then you are forced to search for apps/files to delete in order to free up memory. Until this has been done you may not receive text, emails, files, etc. I thought that this was something that I could tolerate but it became quite bothersome. It seemed like every couple of days I was deleting another one of favorite apps!

The flash is definitely a feature that is not to be ignored. Who wants to go through the hassle of worrying about lighting when taking snapshots of memorable moments. Especially since this is a feature that many other phones include. I really don't understand how Samsung managed to release a phone considerably less functional then its predecessor. Sure, it now has a front-facing camera, but I prefer functionality over a camera for video chat any day.

I plan to wait for the LG Tmobile G2X to be released next month. It has 8GB of internal memory(which should be more than enough to handle most of my fav apps, FM radio(which international Samsung Galaxy phones have), a front facing camera, AND flash!

Follow me on Twitter @GalaXiiJai

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones