Only 30 Seconds of Video???Support

Last Updated:

1. ladyfrenchfri

ladyfrenchfri New Member This Topic's Starter

OK. So we might be getting a Cell Tower (YIPPEEE!!!!!) and am looking at different phones. I found a spec sheet (that is not so reliable) that stated that the Droid X only could record 30 seconds of video!?!?! Also stated that it was limited to 1000 contacts and could not output HDMI anything but Photos. Really!!! For those of you that have one, REALLY!!! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. tommym

tommym Active Member

I believe there is a 30 Minute cap

ladyfrenchfri likes this.
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

30 seconds of video shouldn't bother you, n 1000 contacts do you honestly know 1000 people and talk to them regulary, but the hdmi, I think there is an app for that not sure though, but the droid x is worth the buy, u wont b dissapointed

4. VoidedSaint

N I have several videos I recorded well over 5 minutes

5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

agreed, spec sheet is wrong
    if you think the X is not good enough just get a "dumb phone", I am sure it will have room for 2000 of your closest friends and their numbers

6. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

It's a thirty MINUTE cap on video.

Real HDMI is the app that addresses the output issue. Do a search on it in these forums and you will find tons of data about it.

I can tell you I have over 1k contacts in my X. Do I regularly contact each of them? Nope. But that is the beauty of the age we live in. I can have my phone remember that I might not ever use again just because I don't want to look it up again if I need it in the future.

7. VoidedSaint

Redsox suck, n u see ladyfrenchfri, if u did some browsing you woulda found out, but dun worry, android is the ship u want

8. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member

30 seconds cap is for sending text of video

9. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I'm not sure on the stock camcorder, but I've heard thirty min but I could be wrong.

Real HDMI is a new app that's constantly updating to make it better, but from day one it worked, nicely. Anything on your droid, you will see on your HDMI TV ( cable provided though ). But yes, you read correct, stock the X only playes back vids and pics in your gallery. It was a bummer until this app came along. Its well worth the lttle money you spend, like 1.99 or 2.99 can't remember. A must have for sure and improving every day.

As for contacts I would also have to refer to the PDF instructions, but that is honestly a lot of contacts unless you're merging a business account, like ours have well over 3000. Push comes to shove you can group them, each contact entry can hold a good number of well, numbers, emails, contact avenues.

Its a great phone, to the people that enjoy the freedom and support of Android.

10. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Thirty minute cap when video recording with the stock Camcorder application.

HDMI-out only permits you to display non-DRM-protected media from your gallery. You can play videos or show pictures that you've added to your memory card or have recorded directly with the phone. As others already mentioned, the application Real HDMI allows you to display your phone's screen at any time, instead of being limited to only the media gallery.

I don't know what the contact limit is. I don't think it really matters anyway. You could always just download a free contacts-related application from the Market if the stock address book doesn't meet your standards.

11. ladyfrenchfri

ladyfrenchfri New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Everyone. Now let's just pray for that Cell Tower. :)

12. Aselby

Aselby Active Member

30 Cap is only for sending with MMS ... but you can download Android SendIT from the market that will let you send any sized to any email address