Only AT&T phone with Swype? (officially)

Last Updated:

1. thx10538

thx10538 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The Captivate (and Galaxy S in general) all come with Swype, right? But Swype isn't a market app right now, right? As in, the HTC Aria can't get it unless it is rooted/worked around (not too hard, but a hassle)

So is the Captivate the only phone on AT&T that can officially have swype? We all know that Apple won't let Swype in their market

Is swype coming to the official android market? is it already there? (I don't have an android, but I want one)

Advertisement
  2. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

You can get Swype on the Aria, for instance, by doing the airplane/wifi workaround.

3. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

Swype is in the Market? I had to sideload using adb.

4. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

does the normal swype not have the microphone button either? I really dont know if I want to learn to use swype or not, but I certainly want the use of the microphone instead of typing.

5. Ynomrah

Ynomrah Well-Known Member

same here. i would love to still also have the option to use the mic as a substitution for typing.

6. Ynomrah

Ynomrah Well-Known Member

AHHA! upon further research; the standard android keyboard is also available as an option(holding text field and switching to standard keyboard). sweet.

7. jhnstn00

jhnstn00 Well-Known Member

Nice if android Keyboard is present as well. I thought the other option was the Samsung keyboard. thanks