Only cops should have guns

Last Updated:

1. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

erm in my state, the police didnt even have guns till 20 years ago (hard drugs only came here 30 years ago)

3. batgeek

batgeek Banned

you don't count. you are in Europe.

4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Just like only people in the media should have freedom of speech...

5. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

6. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Better, as in able to sense a disturbance and immediately get there to quell the situation? :rolleyes:

7. batgeek

batgeek Banned

if every person could keep one of these better police in their pocket, no one would need a gun!

8. ElasticNinja

Sorry my bad
    Wont happen again :p

9. droiduzr2

droiduzr2 Well-Known Member

Yes, why on Earth would we follow a more civilized group of Nations.
    :D

Guns and more guns.

I think the mentally insane should be armed because it is their right just as it is yours. The 2nd amendment does NOT say they CAN'T just as you seem to put a period and truncate the rest of the sentence to to suit your purpose.

btw- What militia are you forming today? Did the redcoats come back? It's amazing how people put a period after the word arms even though it is not written as such by the same CONSTITUTION they quote for their rights.

10. batgeek

batgeek Banned

because we are America. we don't want, nor need, to follow anyone.

we aren't idiots and think that mentally unstable people should be allowed to own a firearm. sure they have a right to, but there are laws that restrict that because they aren't fit enough because THEY ARE MENTALLY UNSTABLE.

do you know who the militia in the USA is composed of? the organized militia, and the reserve militia. the reserve militia are all able bodied men between 17 AND 45 who are not a part of the National Guard and the Naval Militia.

the Bill of Rights are amendments to the Constitution. the right to keep and bear arms is never mentioned in the original Constitution.

11. droiduzr2

Too bad a minimum IQ requirement is not mandatory in order to possess a gun.

AND in the ORIGINAL constitution it was a RIGHT to OWN SLAVES...so what's your point.

The Constitution is a living document and it evolves but then again they probably typed in on their I-phone ver 0.1

Try not to cherry pick the parts you want and the version you want because sometimes when you pick cherries you can fall out of the tree.:D

So then YOU have NO PROBLEM with MUSLIMS buying up all the guns/ammo? It is their RIGHT, correct?

12. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Keep it civil ;)

13. bbrosen

bbrosen Well-Known Member

cops cannot be everywhere and they are not for personal protection. Nor can they always respond fast enough to save you or your family. What about someone who is disabled? Elderly? A lone female, or just a guy who is outnumbered by gang bangers? They and everyone has the right to defend themselves. But if you really feel that only cops should have guns then you may want to leave the USA because it is a right here. My gun has twice saved my life. My neighbor saved his families lives when he shot an intruder in his yard one night. People now a days just wont rob you and take your money and leave you alone. mentally ill and drug addled perps as well as 13 year old gang bangers have no regard for your life or that of your families.

These a some of my thoughts, like I said it is a right in our country, and the most important imho. Otherwise a corrupt government can take control of it's people less they be armed. The first Ammendment and all others would be null and void.

Ps Our Constitution is not a living document as much as some would like, and it never said we could own slaves.

We also already have laws restricting who can own guns, mentally ill, felons and others are already excluded. In fact there are thousands of laws restricting gun ownership.

Bob Maxey likes this.
  14. batgeek

batgeek Banned

but there are other laws that restrict firearm ownership. some of them i have a problem with, some of them i don't. so what's your point?

no where in the Constitution said it was a right to own slaves. these are the only mention of slaves in the Constitution:
    nothing about the right to own slaves in any of that.

yes it is. nice to see you remembered something about the Constitution.

at least i'm close to the cherries. you are in the apple orchard.

if they are law abiding Americans that have no problem with their background check, then by all means, they can buy as many as they wish.

Mr. Boom likes this.
  15. gutted

gutted Well-Known Member

Uh... what I got out of that story was that those particular police officers probably could have benefited from more training.

How about those caught with illegal firearms get fried on the chair? I'm ok with that.

16. batgeek

batgeek Banned

i'm ok with that also.

17. droiduzr2

Sounds like you live in a bad City with that much crime.
    *How does he know the person on the lawn was not lost or trying to approach to ask for direction?

18. batgeek

batgeek Banned

crime happens everywhere. you do not need to be in a bad area for a crime to happen to you. if you think otherwise, you are clueless.

19. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Some of the dumbest people I know have and IQ above mine. There are things that IQ (whoever he is) won't teach you.

20. batgeek

batgeek Banned

IQ and common sense can exist in one person(myself, for example). sadly, it doesn't happen with all people that have a decent IQ(droiduzr2, for example).

Mr. Boom likes this.
  21. droiduzr2

You got that from the NRA pamphlet...how cute.
    I guess you live in a violent society.

22. batgeek

batgeek Banned

yes we do live in a violent society. it ain't all rainbows, puppy dogs, flowers, and butterflies.

23. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we should totally outlaw anyone from having guns except for police (maybe even them too), because there's no possibility that a bad person could EVER get a gun if it was illegal! Our government just makes illegal things just WAY too hard to obtain!

tommy_ed likes this.
  24. alex51

alex51 Well-Known Member

Even though I don't own a gun by choice I am opposed to giving up my 2nd amendment or any other right.For anyone so naive to think only police should have them or that by making them illegal will somehow magically change morality or character is foolish.Making gun ownership illegal would only make it easier for the illegal element to apply their trade and/or for anyone wishing to change our way of life,(government included).
    Citizens right to bear arms is and maybe the only equalizing factor between our pursuits of life, liberty & justice.Crooks don't care weather it's illegal to have a gun because they will have them,but they do care if there's a possibility I or you may have one.Evil will always pray on the weak,(governments included).

AndroidSPCS likes this.
  25. ElasticNinja

In Ireland, only police can have gunns (apart from hunters and farmers - shotguns only)
    I want it to stay that way

And why should ORDINARY PEOPLE be allowed buy machine guns AT ALL?