Only display contacts with phone numbers?General

Last Updated:

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator This Topic's Starter

I have the Motorola Droid and my roommate just bought the HTC Droid Eris. He has 1000+ contacts in his Google Account and only wants to display ones with phone numbers.

The MOTO Droid does this easily - Dialer > Contacts > Menu >Display Options > "Only display contacts with phone numbers"

I'm baffled - the Droid Eris doesn't have this option? Is this an HTC Sense thing or an Android 1.5 thing? And, have any Droid Eris owners found this annoying and found a work around?

Advertisement
  2. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is an easier way to do this, but I just added everyone I would want to contact to a group within Google Contacts.

Then uncheck everything except that group in People > Groups > Menu > Sync Groups and only that group will appear.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

It might be a 1.5 thing. I upgraded to 2.1 and just made the change to display contacts with phone numbers only. I didn't see that option before.

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

It's an option in Android 2.x, not available in 1.5.

5. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll tell him to bite the bullet and use one of the workarounds, hope for an upgrade soon, or maybe a better android will hit VZW in the next 30 days (and he'll exchange his that he bought today!)