Only one thing I'm disappointed inGeneral

1. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

So I got my Z1 Compact, which was an upgrade from the Xperia S. When Sony upgraded the ICS software to Jellybean on my xperia S, they changed the facility to take a screenshot, to just holding the power button and then a menu to shut the phone down also included an option to take a screenshot. This is the best and easiest way in my opinion to take a screenshot. So I was disappointed when I discovered that on the Z1 Compact you have to hold down the power button and volume down button.

Here's hoping that in the KitKat upgrade, they will have brought back the hold down the power button only method of taking a screenshot.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Unlikely, as POWER+VOL_DN is the standard method in Android 4.3 and later. The only way to revert to the previous behaviour (afaik) is by rooting and using a mod such as the Advanced Power Menu module for Xposed.
  3. dannywalls76

dannywalls76 Member

I can confirm that the Take Screenshot option is there in the power menu. There is also a floating screenshot 'app' that can be accessed in the app switcher drawer.
  4. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

I am so happy that there will be a change in how to take a screenshot with the new kit kat update.........

The changelog also mentions an enhanced email app (not Gmail), a new answering machine option added in the call menu, a
  5. suparuss

suparuss Well-Known Member Contributor

Has anyone got KitKat yet?
  6. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

Nope, not yet :(
  7. AlexW

AlexW New Member

Kitkat is standard in the UK. There is indeed an option to take a snapshot by holding down the power key