1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Only receiving Edge signal (UK T-Mobile)Support

Last Updated:

1. gulaman

gulaman Member This Topic's Starter

Today I've only been getting an Edge signal on my S4 whereas previously I was getting 3G. Strangely enough my S2 has a good 3G signal on the same network. Is there a reason for this? At first I thought it was because of the new case I was using may have been blocking the signal but it's the same even without the case. The case does contain a magnetic strip for closing it, could this have damaged anything? Or is it just T-Mobile/EE playing silly buggers?

Advertisement
  2. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Well-Known Member Contributor

Is the cover you're using an official Samsung one or atleast Samsung approved? If so, I'd rule out that being the issue. What it MAY BE is the phone having a hard time finding good HSDPA or LTE coverage OR your network maybe still activating your LTE in which case, give them a ring. I know a mate of mine who got a GNote2 LTE had ONLY EDGE for a week while the network sorted out his sim and LTE as he was coming from a GS2. It's quite frustrating.

gulaman likes this.
  3. gulaman

gulaman Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I changed the connection to use 3G only and it's now varying between 3G and H+, so at least the rubbish Edge has now gone but the connection is still erratic. I'm going to take the phone to an EE shop and have them take a look, maybe they can try swapping the sim just to ensure it's not my contract sim that needs configuring.

The case is not a Samsung issue case, 3rd party make.

4. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

As tmobile also use the signal or orange you will be using an orange mast as tmobile never used edge.

It may be that your sim has its knickers in a twist and is for some reason not handing over to the faster 3g.

What I was told to do by tmobile when I had similar was to put the sim into an older phone, use it for an hour or so, drive out the area a little come back. Once the sim was back in my normal phone it worked.

gulaman likes this.