• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only Shows Apps Icon In Quick Launch Bar

robism

Lurker
May 13, 2013
Hi Guys,

Having a problem with my new S4, i'm managed to lose all the icons from the quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen, it's only showing Apps now.

It was working previously but when i restored data from my old phone all the icons disappeared.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, can't seem to find anything online about it so far!

Also, is it possible to put quick launch icons on the lock screen like you could with the S3, or is it only possible through the favourite apps widget?

Thanks!

Haven't seen a mod yet that will allow you to put your own choice of apps on the lockscreen but I'm sure its coming for at least the rooted users. As to the former are you saying you cannot put any icons back into the dock? Try placing an icon on the screen and then dragging it from there onto the dock.

Upvote 0
yeah after i restored a backup from an older android phone all the apps in the dock disappeared except for the 'apps' icon

here's a screenshot of the home screen so you get a better idea of what i mean

35crlgn.png

Upvote 0
Are you saying you used Ti Backup or a similar program to restore applications and if so did you restore just the apps or did you restore system apps as well? Did you try placing a shortcut on the page and then dragging it down from there into the dock to see if the dock would accept it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones