14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Software (On screen)

15 vote(s)
    51.7%

Last Updated:

1. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this has been done before, but I'm curious. How many of you use the onscreen, and how many of you use the slideout?

Advertisement
  2. fumoh

fumoh Member

Slideout. I use the on-screen for quick text, but if I'm tapping out an SMS I use the hard keyboard.

3. andrewdoane

andrewdoane Well-Known Member

Ditto. Pretty much use the on-screen for searching, anything longer it's the hardware keyboard.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I use both but primarily the slideout. If I'm doing something quick that only requires a few letters I'll use the onscreen. If I'm texting or answering an email I use the slideout.

5. Bravo311

Bravo311 Well-Known Member

Never the slide out, I have big fingers and the keyboard just doesn't work for me.

6. ChrisKerrigan

ChrisKerrigan New Member

I actually use the soft keyboard more than the hard one. I have small fingers, so I don't usually have a problem with the slideout keyboard like some peopled do, but for some reason I just prefer to use the soft keys.

7. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought one of the hard plastic / leather snap on cases from verizon. It adds a little bulk, but removes any 'give' between the screen and the keyboard (which I disliked, a lot). It also renders the hardware keyboard almost useless (makes it so the top row of keys are unusable). This being said, it's made me switch to the onscreen keyboard and I love it. Also just got the app Betterkeyboard, which you can skin to your liking. All I need is multitouch now!

8. kkluesner

kkluesner Active Member

having been a qwerty Keyboard user for years... Blackberry 5+ years as a work phone and an Env+ Env2 for a personal phone... I NEEDED the slide out keyboard... but after a few days with the Droid.. have been getting a lot better with the onscreen Keyboard... LOVE having the option of one or the other!!!! Loving the Droid!!!! :D