Onstar app

Last Updated:

1. charwoods3

charwoods3 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been trying to download the onstar app from the market, but my market can't find it. I am able to find it with appbrain, but it says requested item could not be found when I try to download it.

Other people seem to have no problem with it, so I can only figure it has something to do with being rooted. Has anyone else had this problem, or is there a way to get the app without going through the market?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I thought of that. Being rooted does allow you to change the build.prop file, and get into more apps in the market. I can't imaging, however, that this is the case with this, but what do I know.

Be sure to check the support section, too, as I moved your question from the main forum there, k? Gl! :D

charwoods3 likes this.
  3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Try changing your build.prop market fingerprint. Someone got that exact same error message when they were searching for Square earlier.

Also, clear your market data/cache by going into... Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage, find the market app, and clear data/cache, reboot the phone and search again.

Hope this helps..

charwoods3 likes this.
  4. kriscad

kriscad Active Member

i had the same problem lol

read this post!

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/154976-2-2-market-issues-use-mod.html

fixed the issue/

charwoods3 likes this.
  5. charwoods3

charwoods3 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for making 2 threads, but after the first, I figured it must have to do with root and thought I would have a better chance in here.

Thanks for everyone's help. The build.prop got it done, and it is working fine now!

Thanks again,
    Chad