• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ooops I've done it again...

turbohobbit

Android Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2010
England
I think I've fried my Transformer TF101. Again.

It was working fine (rooted). I tried to flash a new ROM to it without doing any wipe or anything (doh) and now it's basically stuck at the EEEpad start screen and doesn't progress any further. To be honest I did this a while ago and I've only just got round to trying to sort this out. I THINK the ROM was compatable - I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I can get into Recovery but I can't flash anything from there (any flash attempt fails) and when I plug the unit into my PC it doesn't recognise it. I think it may be jiggered...

Any ideas guys?

I've wiped everything and then done a full wipe (factory reset) in CWM. I've reflashed an ICS version of Revolver which seems to flash without problem, but when I restart the Transformer it just freezes at the Eeepad startup screen.

I'm wondering if there is any value in sticking a new - stable - ROM (something stock?) onto the SD card, along with a stable kernel, and flashing it all from the SD card? Would that work? The problem I have is that I can't put any new ROMs onto the internal memory as my PC doesn't recognise the Transformer when I plug it in...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones