• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open apps for no reason?

JamesR913

Jul 24, 2010
Every time I open advanced task killer I have apps open that I have not used,specifically messaging , music player, and video player. I can go in and close all apps and then a few minutes later I go in and they are open again and the while time the phone was locked in my pocket. Any ideas???

Search for any task killer thread and you will see long discussions about this. Basically it happens either because the phone manufacture/provider has programmed the OS to always load these programs (usually to help sell a service/product), another program has loaded these apps as it _may_ use them and this helps speed up the phone or the program themselves are programmed to load themselves in order to do what they do (text to speech programs, etc).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones