open box?

Last Updated:

1. boriquazan

boriquazan Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys wondering if when you buy a new captivate at the att store do they have to open the box to do anything or can you take home an unopened shiny box?

Advertisement
  2. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I believe they open the box. I'm hoping they don't though

3. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member

Unless you need help setting it up, you should be able to go home with the box unopened.

After reading your post though, I need to ask, are you more excited for the phone or the box?

4. boriquazan

boriquazan Member This Topic's Starter

lol i just dont want their greedy fingers touching my new shiny toy , you all whats that like!

5. Darkeligos

Darkeligos Well-Known Member

I hate when they do that! Every single phone I've gotten they've opened, unpackaged, changed the SIM card, and everything I wish I could have done. Either they are testing to make sure it all works beforehand or they just like experiencing Christmas with each sale. =P

6. YellowGT0

YellowGT0 Well-Known Member

The guy opened the box but didn't touch anything. Just made sure the phone wasn't damaged.

7. linuxdood

linuxdood Well-Known Member

I don't mind the open box at the store thing. Personally I want to make sure its not defective and the screen isn't scratched or anything like that. Other than that, yeah, i dont want their greasy unwashed hands on it either.

8. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

You folks is crazy...

9. voogru

voogru Active Member

I'm pretty sure it would suck pretty bad if you brought your new shiney phone box home, opened the box, and... the box has everything in it.

Except the phone.

Or, the phone is a fake phone (fake display unit).

I've had both happen to me, and I usually open boxes of any expensive hardware ($100 and up) right infront of the cashier. I've been burned too many times by tiles for hard drives, books for wireless routers, etc.

Opening your product right there in the store infront of the cashier removes all doubt to the store when something goes wrong, and makes resolving problems about ten billion times easier because they don't have to guess where the theft occured.

10. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

I always like to make sure everything is working on the phone before the customer hits the door. It just saves them time if I find something wrong with the phone before they leave, instead of them having to come back to swap it out.