Open by drag downSupport

Last Updated:

1. stacyh

stacyh Member This Topic's Starter

I can no longer unlock/open locked screen by dragging down - even though it says drag down or press menu to unlock. No idea where to go to get that option back. I can't answer incoming calls when screen is locked by pressing menu - cause option screen covers answer button!

Advertisement
  2. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound like a Motorola droid. What phone are you referring to? Did you install a lock screen replacement application?

3. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

youre using the Hero arnt you.

Have you done the Turn it off, turn it on?

And what do you mean?

4. stacyh

I have the HTC Droid Eris. Am I in the wrong forum? Sorry if I am - new phone - new to forums!

5. Geoponic

I don't understand what you mean?

Is there something in the way obstructing the screen?

Like an advertisment or some other weird nonsense?

It could be app related.

Think when did it start and see if any apps you downloaded at the time have done it.

6. stacyh

I can only answer an incoming call when i am using phone since it is unlocked. If phone is locked when i recieve an incoming call my only option to unlock is to hit menu button. When i hit menu button i get answer screen and a settings option that pops up as well as - which includes 3 options: 1) end call, 2) send message, 3) mute. These 3 (settings?) buttons cover the green answer and red decline options.

I haven't added any lock screen options to phone - or have not done the pattern unlock option either.

I did take battery out, hold power button for 30 secs, and put battery back. That didn't work. :(

As far as apps causing it, maybe. I have only had phone for 4 days so added about 10 apps in last couple days. I might have to delete them all and start from scratch.

I have read on other posts you should not have to unlock phone to answer an incoming call - Is that true?

7. Geoponic

Yeah, you should just be able to swipe down as instructed on simply press the answer call button.

It a software problem if you can use the screen any other time.

If uninstalling some apps don't work, you may have to perform a factory reset.
    Just use HTC sync before you do to back-up everything.

8. stacyh

Thanks for the help. I'm uninstalling everything i added to see if that will fix it.

9. stacyh

Update: I'm an idiot!

I was trying to drag down screen from the top. Need to start dragging at the clock near the bottom!

Simple fix anyway!

Thanks for trying to help.