1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Open home, Ahome

Last Updated:

1. knucklez09

knucklez09 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Im using aHome lite and openhome lite and noticed you cant use any widgets like calander and favorite contacts ect. Does the full version of these allow widget compatability? thats pretty much the thing thats gonna determine if I pay or not. (Im using the HTC Hero)
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I just installed aHome Lite yesterday, and I had the same complaint. How are they going to make these really awesome advanced home replacements, but not have the basic functionality of that which they're replacing?

Also, if you're on a Hero, I think you're in the same boat as me with my Moment, and running Android 1.5, so you can't get the non-Lite version of aHome.

3. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

same problem here. Just downloaded both Open Home and aHome...but I can't use my own personal widgets. Tried to search the forum but all the replies on these topics do not give an answer...

So yeah, before I buy I would like to know if I can use my own widgets using these apps...because using lite it's pretty annoying that I can't.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I used OpenHome paid version for a couple months before I switched to SweeterHome. I don't remember OpenHome having a problem with widgets.

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

PandaHome handles widgets with no problem. They are promising a big new release (2.0) in the near future.