1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Home icon question

Last Updated:

1. spb331

spb331 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having difficulty with getting Open Home to load the corresponding icons for any skin. I've chosen "Skin Icons" in Settings, but then I go to add an app to the screen and I just get the standard icon. The skin icon packs are not showing up as an option in Better Cut, either.:confused: Can anyone who's familiar with Open Home suggest anything?

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Here's my advice. Get rid of Open Home, and start using ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro (Plus).

3. spb331

Thanks...I already have both of those apps installed and will probably wind up relying on one or the other of them. However, I posted my original question because I would like to make Open Home work before I decide to dump it, so it would be great if someone who actually uses Open Home could chime in here.

4. spb331

I've also realized I have a problem with ADW as well. I'm not able to select icons from the ADW iconpacks - when I go to do a custom shortcut and go to change the icon, and choose ADWTheme IconPacks under Select the icon type, I get "No applications can perform this action." However, when I add a regular shortcut for an app that's in the ADW IconPack, it does apply the ADW icon, which Open Home won't do.

Neither ADW nor Open Home IconPacks are available when creating a shortcut in BetterCut.

I'm wondering if I have a setting that's not right, given that similar issues are occuring with both ADW and Open Home. I'm able to customize icons in LauncherPro via BetterCut because I've copied the IconPacks into my dcim folder so they open up in the gallery.

Any ideas? I should probably just stick to LauncherPro, but I really like to skin things. :eek: