Open Home Lag?

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is a definite noticeable difference in how quickly a window opens when I'm using Open Home vs. just the regular Android 2.0 UI.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. neturbo

neturbo Member

I had the same problem. I still think that openHome is the best home application hands down for the moto droid, but it causes significant lag.

The features and ability to customize is incredible, but the system lags when switching desktops, opening apps, pulling up the app menu, or double tapping to get to the home desktop page. I found the lag to be minor-moderate if all you have is the stock openHome setup with multiple desktops running, but the second you go changing the font, app menu or anything else, the lag becomes moderate-heavy.

I paid for it and keep it on my phone, but truthfully, I will probably never use it again...

I have tested other systems which seem to work just as well, but still the lag issue is there, and I don't think that it is something that they will be able to fix. If you are daring, you could try to overclock the phone (at your own risk). I tested that and it openHome worked better, but I didn't want to tax my hardware so for safety I stopped using it.

Neturbo82