Open Home?General

Last Updated:

1. mersh21

mersh21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a droid eris with sense ui that i love. I've been reading the forums about open home and other apps of that nature. Are they really better or faster? Is it worth spending the money for it since i already enjoy sense ui? My phone seems pretty speedy but if rotation and screen changes drastically improve i will try it. What is the good word?

Advertisement
  2. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

Some people claim OpenHome runs faster than Sense. I think that's really debatable. I've never ran one of the typical home replacements, but I have disabled Sense and used the basic Android Home, and I didn't notice any real speed improvement, although other people claim it's night and day.

Personally, I think that on a device with Sense, most home replacements aren't worth it. The only real advantage in my opinion are some of the themes available for them. Once again, this is only my opinion.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

as far as lag goes i think they are all neck and neck with sense IMO. ahome, openhome, panda home, dx top, slidescreen, etc, all the "good" ones.

I REALLY like sense, but i have been using dxtop the last few days and i really like it.

remember you can try anything for 24 hours and return it if you are not happy for a refund.