1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Open-Up the Droid Razr M?

1. no88fan

no88fan New Member

Has anyone opened-up the Droid Razr M yet? Mine is suppose to be delivered tomorrow so I haven't had the chance to get a real close look yet. I want to remove the cameras from the phone, similarly to how "TheSuper" video demonstrates on the original Droid Razr. I was hoping to get some tips or guidance on opening it up and removing the cameras. Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated from this newbie!

Advertisement
  2. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Yeah,i am interested in removing the Verizon logo at the bottom, or replacing the entire front digitizer with an unbranded one. Thanks! :D

The screws on the edges look like a good place to start...:p
  3. no88fan

no88fan New Member

I eventually ran across this video too. It was exactly what I was looking for, somebody opening up their phone first..ha! So, I got mine open with now problems and removed both cameras. It was surprisingly easy to do and only took about 15 minutes. Now I have an awesome smartphone I can use at work. Thanks for the help!
  4. no88fan

no88fan New Member

blackepoxy - Take a look at the video logicalsteve posted. Its basically opening up the phone and removing everything that is removable. As far as you wanting to remove the logo from the front, that might be challenging. The logo is made into the gorilla glass. You may have to find a OEM face without any logos. Good luck!
  5. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

So your work doesn't allow camera phones I take it?