Opening day, will it sell out?General

Last Updated:

1. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I wonder how many DNAs each store will get? And I wonder if there will be any lines in the morning? I plan to get to my local store when they open as I have a plane to catch around 2pm in the afternoon. (Going to Maui for Thanksgiving!!) I want this baby all charged up and loaded with some games and apps before I get on the plane.

2. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Nice, Maui !

I truly doubt it will sell out. If you get there at opening on launch day I am sure you will get one.

I would just make a few calls the day before to at least 2 local VZW stores to make sure they have them in stock and verify they are on sale the next morning. I have found some of these stores to be a bit clueless on new launches for less advertised phones.
  3. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

i gotta work that morning sadly. I might go and pre order it if possible. I dont feel like waiting til after work to run to nearest store and find out they only got like 2 or 3 and they are sold out.
  4. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

Being a Verizon exclusive and the new flagship in their droid line, they'll have a million of these on hand. I would be shocked if they sell out day one.
  5. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

6. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

The DNA could be the next DINC1 so that is why I preorderd so there won't be any disappointment in finding they were sold out and month long wait list following.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, the Galaxy Nexus had way more hype than this, and they had PLENTY for launch day. I think the Incredible had more hype too.
  8. victek

victek Well-Known Member

Pre-ordering sounds good until you realize that you actually have to wait longer than people who just walk into the store on release day :hmmmm2:
  9. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

jj3699 likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Also the ship date on the VZW site is two days prior to in-store release, so you should get it the same day it releases in the store...
  11. victek

victek Well-Known Member

That's good to know. There wouldn't be much point in pre-ordering otherwise (unless "supplies are limited")
  12. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Trust me when I say I have been through a lot of android launches on release day, Incredible, Droid X, Fascinate, and Thunderbolt.

Incredible sold out for a while, the rest did not, and I wouldn't expect this one too. I haven't really seen a lot of advertisement for this phone yet so a lot of people probably wont even know about it.

My buddies wife was trying to decide between an iphone 5 and GS3 and she finally decided on GS3, I told him to have her wait till next week to check out this phone.
  13. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies everyone, yea I have no doubt I'll get my DNA since I'll be there first thing. I'll let you all know if there is a line.

I have to say I think this may be the most excited I've ever been about a new phone. These are the phones I've owned in the past:

Some little crap phone, can't remember the brand, I think it was a kyocera.
    motorola razr
    LG Env2
    droid eris
    droid incredible 1
    And soon the DNA!

14. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

This right here, I doubt there will be any shortages too... and we have to also remember with the Incredible there was a shortage of screens which played a large factor in the device not being available. But I have to say the wait for that device was so worth it :D
  15. dwagner88

dwagner88 Well-Known Member

No member of my family has ever walked into a verizon store and left with a new smartphone. They have always been out of stock even months after release. My sister had to order her incredible, then her 4S. My mom had to order her OG droid one month before it was replaced by the droid 2. I had to order my iPhone. My wife and my dad both had to order the razr maxx several months after release. I don't know what Verizon's malfunction is, but they seem to have a serious logistics issue in my area. I often hypothesized that the stores here are merely showrooms and do not in fact hold any stock of new devices. I preordered my note 2 for posterity's stake. Based on my experience there is basically zero chance they will have any back stock.
  16. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Just two more sleeps! Yes, I'm excited about this phone. :)