1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

opening default app in ICS (app association)Support

1. standardevo

standardevo Active Member

As of ICS when u click on a YouTube link from anywhere it will load it browser 100% of the time with no option to load the YouTube app, how do I change it?
    LEASE NOTE CLEARING DEFAULTS DOES NOTHING!!!!! As the browser forces u to load YouTube links in browser instead of giving me the option to load in YouTube app

Advertisement
    :
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I believe that is the ICS issue with one of their lawsuits with Apple, there is an app that you can flash that will resolve that, but you need to be rooted. Maybe others will have a another solution, but none that I am aware of.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yep this is due to the apple lawsuit. you can go into app associations and make sure you have the default item checked to launch the desires link, but things will be different in ICS and moving forward...
    DonB likes this.
  4. Nalej

Nalej Well-Known Member

I hate Apple
  5. standardevo

standardevo Active Member

geez next thing we know we arnt allowed to have phones because apple will patent phones, also not allowed to live because apple patented being alive as well.....
  6. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Get chrome. Old stuff like that and maps, play store etc open the right app, just remember to set it as default
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

There is a Zip that can allow for this to work properly like it use too, but you need to be rooted to be able to flash it, called [MOD]HTCLinkifyDispatcher Fix
  8. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

It doesn't bother me much, as long as i get to watch the video.