• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Opening Facebook actually opens instagram

Hi guys, but of an odd one this. My wife has an HTC Desire S, which usually works fine, but recently whenever she taps the Facebook app to open it, instagram starts instead. The only way she can get on to Facebook is to reboot the phone, and even then a few hours later the problem starts again. Any ideas?

That's pretty odd. One possible explanation where this would be "normal" behaviour is if an Instagram activity was opened by the Facebook app when your wife chose to do something (could be something like view photos with Instagram maybe? I haven't used Instagram or Facebook for many months).

Try pressing the back button when this happens, to see if the Instagram activity closes and goes back into the Facebook app's activity.

Since it works fine when your wife reboots the phone (all apps are closed), so Facebook would start up with it's own default activity, and hence works fine.

I am not sure if the above explanation is correct, but you can try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones