opening in landscape mode when using physical keyboardSupport

Last Updated: 2010-02-08 06:06:19
  1. paulz1

paulz1 New Member

when opening the physical keyboard, the phone first comes out of sleep, and then switches from portrait to landscape. this is typically not too noticeable, but sometimes it takes up to 5 seconds. is there a way to make it so that opening the keyboard just resumes this phone already in landscape?

also, has anyone figured out a way to get the home screen to respect switching to landscape when rotated, like all well-developed apps do?

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

OpenHome allows that.
  3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

As well as GDE. I think all the home replacements do this.
  4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

does stock android not automaticaly rotate to landscape when you turn it? hmm i thought that was something it would do!!!
  5. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I think we all did... It's a very simple concept that happened to escape the devs... not unlike the missing notification LED.:eek:
  6. Covert_Death

haha yea, i guess i was expectiong the nav buttons to be the led notification coming from the instinct lol. it does have a G-sensor in it thought right? is that something that could change when 2.1 is applied?
  7. Covert_Death

bump, im very curious about this lol
  8. Codee

Codee Member

GDE does this, and I wish it wouldn't. I unchecked the option to allow the homescreen to change orientation because it's slow to switch sometimes and ever since I checked it once to try it out, I can't get it to stop even with it being unchecked.