Opening Samsung Galaxy I7500

Last Updated:

1. rajm11

rajm11 Member This Topic's Starter

Has ANy one tried opening Samsung Galaxy i7500?, I have chnaged to galaxo 1.6.4. and running it happily downloading stuff and all and all of sudden battery discharged to the point that it would not get charged any more, Insitailly I thought I fried my battery with excess charging, hence I looked for batteries, fortunately in my THIRD world county India, there is no battery in stock at service stations. Hence I needed to wait for 5 days.
    Now remember I said fortunately.. whyy....cause then i tried restore the old OS, which Galaxo promptly helped me with, Now i tried charging again, but NO way, but the phone was getting heated up like it was on stove or something

and it again stopped charging, So I understood its not the battery but the motherboard which has problem...

Now my cell is still in warranty, so before giving it to service station, I want to open it up and see whats what.. I got the manual already.it seems pretty simple( I have disassembled AT& T's Tilt, Nokai 6630, Nokia 6600, and many small others as well)
    but before that I would like to ask people has any one done it before ? anything I should be looking out for ???

Advertisement
  2. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member

By the way - if you're going to disassembly, could you provide some good quality photos of the internals? I know that some people have disassembled Galaxy before, not sure if someone is there though.

3. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

There, there... I ve seen that many of you requested this already. I did it 3 months ago so here is tutorial how to Disassembly & Reassembly Galaxy. Hope it will help all of you.
    Link : 2shared - download Disassembly & Reassembly.pdf

DaSchmarotzer likes this.
  4. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Now just hold on a minute folks. If not like I don't want anyone going inside their phone, but if you are still under warranty, LEAVE IT ALONE !!! Take it in and let them deal with it. Convince them you need a better phone while you are there. If they even think you've tampered with it, you can kiss the warranty goodbye. At least we have the ability to put the original firmware back so it doesn't look like its been screwed with too much ...

5. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Of course, if this is a first time that you are going inside of something, better leave it. If you've ever opened any kind of phone, dont waste your time go go in, it is really simple, just follow instructions and if you need any hint, feel free to ask.
    PS
    Make sure that you dont lose small parts:)

6. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

And when your done with the assembly of the phone, you wont have any excess parts left. :p

7. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Well of course you're supposed to have a part left over. Then you have to do it all again, therefore, making you an instant expert.

8. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

I smell 'Zen and the art of Samsung Galaxy Maintenance' ;)