Opening text message from Lock Screen?General

1. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

When a new text arrives, the S4 turns on the screen and shows that a new message has arrived on the lock screen. It there a reliable way to tap or double-tap the notification to go right into the messaging app? I have noticed if I expand the box around the notification on the lock screen I can then tap the notification and go right into the message -- this just seems like an awkward way to do it.

By the way, I do have a shortcut to the messaging app on my lock screen and know about swiping up from there, but it doesn't always work on the first swipe and then it opens in the last viewed text message not the new one. If I have one big complaint with the S4 it is that the lock screen is awkward and it's the area of the interface I probably use the most. Anyone else feel this way?

Advertisement
  2. SteveyAsp

SteveyAsp Member

You could download Handcent or Chomp SMS which gives you a quick reply popup to reply with or to go to the message within the full editor
    GeoUSA likes this.
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Handcent is the best. Their pop up notification box works well and you don't have to unlock the phone to reply.
  4. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

What's yall opinion of textra?
  5. 23skidoo

23skidoo Member

Alternatively, you can just swipe in the box. Takes you straight to the message.
  6. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

So far I am liking Chomp SMS okay. I will revert to the stock message app and try swyping inside of the notification on the lock screen. If that works, it was really what I was looking for. I could never consistently move straight to the message -- maybe swyping is the key. Thanks.
  7. 23skidoo

23skidoo Member

Make sure you swipe in the larger lower box and not the box containing the actual notification. Not exactly the most elegant interface.