Opera Beta with turbo caching

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta Brings Turbo-Powered Browsing to Android

This is supposedly different than what's in the market.
    This forum is stale lately, so let's mix it up :)

I still like XScope, but Firefox is promising, and though I have NEVER been a fan of Opera, I am gonna try it.

The one touch pinch zoom on Xscope is really tough to give up :)

Advertisement
    loomer likes this.
  2. inssane

Correction - it IS in the market, but it's not the "mini" version.

3. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Definitely interested in giving this a try. FF was decent but bugged out a couple times. Nothing beats stock for my level of use so far, but always willing to try something new.

4. inssane

Tried it for just a minute and it's FAST

5. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Firefox operated pretty fast but it didn't respond to keyboard very well and was slow when it did. Let us know how well this performs.

6. inssane

You are right, FF was balls slow and laggy on the typing. I am sure it is because of the autofilling, but that shouldn't be an issue really.
    I am finding that both FF and Opera are lacking settings, XScope has lots of nice settings to tweak.

I am happy so far that there is a full screen mode, where FF is missing that.

7. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Nothing is faster than stock so i just keep coming back. words are sooo blurry when using pinch to zoom in opera. plus its just not faster than my stock. i wont sacrifice speed for minor features. none of these browsers or good to me. they're pointless in my opinion.

8. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I have been using Dolphin HD, and that has been working very well for me. I tried FF, and I was not able to view any Flash content. Perhaps I was missing something?

9. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

I was able to view Flash just fine on FF. Maybe you need to put your Flash settings On Demand or always on.

10. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I am digging Xscope! Do you have the full version? If so, what does it add that the trial does not have (minus the watermark)?

11. inssane

I really don't remember, lol. I did get the full version a while ago though. I believe you can access downloaded files right away from the browser and install apks for example. It really is easier then backing out and looking for the file.

FF wouldn't run flash video either for me and the setting is ON. I have yet to test it on Opera.

I still think I like XScope better than Opera at this point. XScope really needs a universal bookmark sync and I would never let it go.

The one touch pinch on X is sweet huh? That's another big point for me.

12. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean by one touch pinch?

I like it because it is fast, and loads up Flash video just fine. Also, I like that it has a file browser built into the browser to easily launch APK files like you said, and whatever else you are looking for on your phone.

13. inssane

Tap the screen twice -and, similar to a gesture, on the second tap keep finger on screen and arc upwards right to left to shrink and opposite to expand.
    Hope that makes sense.

Also, double tap on a text block and it will zoom and position it for optimal reading.

Seriously, the one touch pinch is ROUGH to get rid of - try it and I know you will agree. One handed phone zooming, not two hands.

14. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

That's what I thought you meant. Dolphin is the same deal, so I am kinda used to it. I like how Xscope is bare bones, and only really has what you need. Dolphin is a bit cluttered. Xscope reminds me of what Chrome would be like on a mobile device, and that is a good thing.

15. inssane

It sure is