1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Opera mini and pinch to zoom?

Last Updated:

1. Storm613

Storm613 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know when Opera mini will have pinch to zoom on the incredible? this browser is SLICK and really fast but I find it to hard to use without pinch to zoom... Is there a workaround to use in the mean time?

Advertisement
  2. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

It will never happen. Opera Mini is so fast because it's not a browser that renders locally, it renders the page on the server. There is only "in" and out".

For variable zoom levels, it needs to be rendered locally. The best bet it wait for a Opera Mobile which is a proper browser and not a remote rendering client.

I use Opera Mini for 99% of my browsing and love it, it's way better (and faster) than the stock client, but it's strength is because it does things so differently.

PS. Have you tried Opera on the desktop? It's REALLY good. Much better than Firefox/Chrome/IE/Safari. You can also sync all your bookmarks and speed dials between desktop and Opera Mini using OperaLink.

3. ricnar456

ricnar456 Well-Known Member

In my milestone the last opera mini have pinch zoom, is not perfect like dolphin but works.

ricnar