opera mini text reflow problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. fawnsy

fawnsy Member This Topic's Starter

could someone plz give me some help, I have been using opera mini for a couple ov years and found it great, iv had my desire for 4 months now and not had a problem with opera until 2 weeks ago, I think the term I'm wanting to use is text reflow but not to sure its when all the text fits onto the screen when browsing, 2 weeks ago this has stopped working and on some sites I'm having to scroll sideways to read all the text and its driving me mad, I can't find a setting or any thing to fix it back so all the text fits back onto the screen, sorry for the long post any help would be great thanks

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

try double tapping on the text to make it reflow. Not sure if this works on opera (really, why do you use it? i think its horrible.)

3. fawnsy

thanks for your reply, iv tried double tapping and everything else but nothing works, I use opera coz I'm use to it Ames its fast and it doesn't use as much data as other browsers

4. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

I'm a massive Opera fan, I've used Opera Mini and Mobile on all my previous mobiles and I use it on all my desktops but I'm afraid the Android version is terrible (at least when run on the Desire). Not having pinch-zoom is a terrible omission and the rendering of some sites was hilarious.

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I loved Opera mini 5 beta 2 on Blackberry, but the full release was awful. The android version is even worse. Yes its wicked fast, but at the expense of chucking up my dinner every time I see the interface.... Not worth it.

To the OP, sorry I can't help.

6. fawnsy

thanks for your help guys, it just suddenly stopped fitting the text on screen and I can't get it back to the way it was, am I right in thinking that opera mini uses less data than other browsers or am I wrong because that is one of the reasons I use opera

7. SUroot

Oh it does use less. That's what makes it quicker. They load the page on their servers and compress it before sending it to your phone.

8. fawnsy

I would use another browser if it used the same amount as opera but I think I'll Ignore the nIggles and stick with it I can't afford to go over my data plan

9. SUroot

You could try resetting to default settings in the app

10. fawnsy

I uninstalled and then installed again but was still the same it really does my head in