• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

operating temperature

I think the general rule is to start to worry after it gets over 50 degrees C or around 122 degrees F. I think SetCPU has a contingency where if it gets above that temperature it will ramp down the frequency to a lower speed of your choice or maybe it was the Overclock widget that does that.

Either way, I would try to keep it below that temperature. Someone else may have more insight on CPU temperatures and overclocking, so hopefully they will chime in as well.

Upvote 0
what are people running as their max/min? right now i have 691/518. any suggestions to change? Also, what are the different scaling settings/recommended one(s) to use?

I would try to push your phone to 768 if can, if you are having random reboots or other troubles back it back down to 748 and so on...

I have mine set at 768-556

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: deedub
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones