1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Operation unlock bootloader social network attack AsusGeneral

1. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    Gatman likes this.
  2. thicket

thicket Well-Known Member

Dang, I was going to pull the trigger on this tablet (my first one!). I'm not comfortable with unlocking my devices personally (wuss much?), but I AM very much against censorship and dictated systems. I won't buy this product unless they fix this. Back to researching which tablet to buy.... oy.

P.S. I spammed ASUS ;)
  3. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

Left a couple choice comments on their G+ page. I'm not the only one either. A lot of comments I've seen said "returned" or "cancelled my preorder" so people are definitely speaking and doing so loudly. Time for this snowball to start rolling down the mountain.
  4. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of folks are letting them have it with the bootloader being locked. Maybe they'll listen!
  5. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Done and done!
  6. BDBMike

BDBMike Active Member

Check out their facebook page: ASUS North America - Wall | Facebook and leave a message. It's awesome seeing how many people have commented wanting an unlocked bootloader, it makes me feel like we the consumer might be gaining some power and actually have a voice.
  7. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

That will be great to see the bootloader unlocked. But do you guys think that it is locked at the moment purely because they are waiting for ICS to land before opening the flood gates so as to not cause any serious issues with the Primes?

Be gentle on me, this whole bootloader issue is new to me. :)
  8. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

9. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing myself.
  10. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

All good you're right! I wasn't mad was just tossing mine in the mix here lol
  11. thicket

thicket Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they are giving the mod community a key! Not that I can find one to buy, but I certainly feel better about buying one now ;)