Opinion on what browser is betterGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What browser is better and offers more, xscope or skyfire. I like skyfire for its flash (that only works on few websites) but its slow browser.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

I was excited about Opera for a while, but I wasn't thrilled about the way it half @ss loaded pages and download links were difficult to open and posting on forums and facebook.

Never liked skyfire so currently I use the paid version of xscope and I really like it.

I also use ShapeWriter instead of Swype.

3. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

I was excited about Opera for a while, but I wasn't thrilled about the way it half @ss loaded pages and download links were difficult to open and posting on forums and facebook.

Never liked skyfire so currently I use the paid version of xscope and I really like it.

I also use ShapeWriter instead of Swype.

4. zutmin

zutmin Well-Known Member

I have to say that xScope and the stock browser are the two best imo. xScope offers the most useful features and the stock browser interfaces so well with this phone. I have tried Dolphin and Dolphin HD and thought both were too "busy" and were too slow. Skyfire was terrible except for the flash, which I don't really care about. Did not like the Opera Mini interface and pages did not seem to fit correctly when loaded.

I am using xScope 90% of the time and the stock browser periodically for the streamlined google and google location searches.

5. akillys

akillys Well-Known Member

I like dolphin browser hd because off the themes and add on as well as gesture search for web sights and the ability to have right oases open and accessible through tabs like on internet explorer.I use swype instead of shapewriter because imo swype us more fluid and it's accuracy is amazing.

6. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

I just used the default browser...works great for me.

7. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

I use xscope. I think its probably the coolest browser i've seen. I do have one question though... does xscope have an option to set as your default browser? I would like for when I hit the HTC icon for internet, that it launches xscope. Anyone know how to do that?

8. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

I'm with jshizzy. Xscope and ShapeWriter. No question about it

9. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

I had dolphin hd and 2 me was kind of really slow.....

10. KiWiLiT43

KiWiLiT43 Active Member

I agree. I ended up going back to regular Dolphin Browser and it works fine for me.

11. lbuch79

lbuch79 Member

Personally i like xScope...the tabbed browsing is really nice and i really like the bookmarks page opening on default. Seems pretty snappy too.

12. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

I just dled Xscope, because everyone is this thread was saying its a good browser. And i have to agree i think its alot faster then Dolphin Browser HD and i think it even looks better and has more themes.