Opinions appreciated

Last Updated:

1. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I'm leaving for a trip out west soon. I need a new phone quick, so I've narrowed it down to the Droid X & the Fascinate. Any final thoughts before I pull the trigger? Right now I have personally rated them about dead even.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Dead even is about right....lol Thats all I can say. If size is a factor then the decision will be easier. The X is a longer phone.

I have the X and I'm happy with it. I woudnt mind having the Fascinate too tho. I'm still debating on getting on off Ebay. But I only have a single line plan and dont wanna deactivate the X.

If anything, in the future I will be switching to a family plan and having more than 1 phone for my use. lol

The reason I'm happy with the X is reception and call quality. The camera is decent. Its a hard choice and a good one whichever phone u pick.

What do u plan on doing with the phone if u take it with u on the trip?

Redbird1 likes this.
  3. Redbird1

I'll take it on the trip to be used as my primary phone, but I mainly want to use it for the video recording capability.

4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Both phones do a good job with that. Aahh....ok. Imma try to help make it a lil easier to choose...lol

Is GPS important to u? Get the X
    Is true custom ROMs important to u? Get the Fascinate

Is better reception important to u? I would say get the X but...this will always be debatable, u would have to try both phone to really know the answer. We all dont live in a great reception area.

Battery live should be close to even on both. The X has very nice battery life.
    Lag on both phones...there is an issue that needs a lag fix for the Fascinate. On the X its mostly Blur. From what I've seen I think I would like Touchwiz over Blur.

Gaming should be better on the Fascinate; it has a better gpu, the best out on Android phones right now. It has a 6 axis accelerometer, which is close to how the gyroscope works on the iPhone 4.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would give the Fascinate the edge for the multimedia features except for the audio in video recording. The X has 3 mics that makes the audio in video recordings very nice.
    I would give the X the edge for the phone specs, it has 2 antennas and noise cancellation.

Out of all the phones out right now, the Fascinate is the only one I would have a hard time choosing between with the X. And vice versa.

Redbird1 likes this.
  5. Redbird1

Thanks for your help jroc. I should have it figured out by the time I get to the store. I'm leaning toward the X.