• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions? (Crickets be gone)

Thats my opinion too DILands. I usually read and read and read about the phone I am excited about to get ready for the cash outlay. Its so quiet in here.

I have gone to the store several time to play with it. And each time I go home and read about the regular Note to find stuff to go try at the store and see if I like it. The way Big Red is dragging their feed loading it up with garbage I might make like @Torrid and just drop the carrier all together to get the phone.

I really hope the edge drops before your contract. I am beginning to suspect it just might not drop for Verizon.

Upvote 0
Understood. Just trying to generate traffic.

Believe me,I feel your pain.;)
Especially when I had the N1.I may not have been the only A/F member w/the phone,but,no one else posted except yours truly & not much more activity @XDA either.

Cost,especially on AT&T,is probably keeping most away from this phone.
That,& combined w/being so different & new/experimental,very few want to be the 1st to try it out.

I had 3 reasons fro choosing the NOTE4 EDGELESS over this:

1) Possible lack of variety in aftermarket development,both w/the 2nd/edge screen & ROMS
2) Wireless charging (OEM cover availability)
3) Main concern was the width,an additional 1/4" vs the NOTE4.My OPPO N1 was identical in width & while I thoroughly enjoyed the phone,the width was just too much for my use on a daily basis.The NOTE4 is at the max for width for myself & I found the 1+1 & OPPO FIND7 to be the sweet spot for overall dimensions.

I have a JUMP w/T-Mobile coming up in April '15 & I may pick up the EDGE at that time (lower pricing I'm hoping as well),especially if there's nothing else new on par w/it @ T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
I tend to gamble with new stuff. My last two cars were first year first two months of build of new release. One good...one 'ok'. Droid DNA was bleeding edge when I got it. So I tend to gamble now and then. But I do read until its painful about stuff I am interested in buying.

Cost is certainly an issue. I flip and flop between Edge and regular Note 4 right now. Especially right now with Big Red going $100 after you trade in your old phone. Kinda hard to pass that up but I don't like giving up my old stuff "just in case". Confused yet?

1) Certainly a toss of the dice to see if anybody takes on the challenge of coding for it. However in its stock form I am liking what I see. So far. I don't root anymore. With my kids activities I just don't have time to fiddle with it like I used to when I was younger. And I rely a lot on my phone for my job so it has to be 100% stable.

2) I can take or leave wireless charging. I have it now on my DNA. Was kinda hoping now that I can replace the battery that I could use it but I wouldn't walk away from it due to that.

3) Held them both in my hand and they both feel good. The unfortunate thing about size is you really don't know 100% for sure until you use it daily. Playing with it at a display only gives you a partial idea.

I save my beer money as I get closer. The Edge would have me going without more Fireside Chats or Winter Ales. But in the end its worth it.

I am also reading that its mid to late December release for Verizon. But thats forum reading not a weblink of any kind.

Upvote 0
@Torrid: I think you might have pushed me over the Edge. (Pun sorta intended). I found a non-confirmed release date for the Version version. Scuttlebutt states that it has been held up due to "problems" of an undefined nature. Kinda makes me nervous but a gamble is a gamble.

I have never used a stylus at all and I think I would use it quite a bit while not on the go. So as you pointed out I am hoping to have a similar experience.

Upvote 0
I'm leaning over the Edge. I'm with T-MO - so all the Big Red issues are non-issues. I like new tech, and this is cutting edge. The more I read of the reviews was that the edge display is more than a gimmick. I'll probably get the edge on the day I'm eligible to upgrade, if I don't like it (which doesn't sound likely) I can upgrade again at any time. The 1 thing I REALLY like about the N^ (Coming from an HTC ONE M8) is front facing speakers. It just seems obvious.

Upvote 0
I have a JUMP w/T-Mobile coming up in April '15 & I may pick up the EDGE at that time (lower pricing I'm hoping as well),especially if there's nothing else new on par w/it @ T-Mobile.
Well,a little later than estimated & been through a few phones,but,I'm seriously considering JUMPING my Nexus6 for the NoteEdge.
Basically,just pending a minor account detail/error that needs to be cleared up by T-Mobile,ETA on that issue is tomorrow (7/13/15,noon-ish PDT).
Anyhoo I see the Edge community is still relatively small compared to other Samsung devices,but,nonetheless,I was curious as to if there may be some fatal flaw/quirk/etc.... that is prevalent in all models/carriers that shouts:
GO AWAY,look at something else...........
Warning_ee1e5b_275207.jpeg

Any input/testimonial/etc.. is greatly appreciated,! :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones