• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions from those that actually like Touch Wiz Please.

dynomot

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2011
Sheffield U.K
I know many of you claim to detest TW. I however, like it; alot. Some of the bloat ware is crap and annoying, but that can be gotten around.

I do however realise that I may be missing out having never tried "pure" Android or even an AOSP ROM.

Some one I know is willing to let me have a Nexus 4 for

Touchwiz has the buttons on the wrong side of the "home" button.

Also, touchwiz doesn't have red underlined text for misspelt text

Luckily aosp fixed both of those for me :p

Honestly almost anything you miss from touchwiz can be gained via an app from the play store or root options.

There's nothing to lose IMO

Upvote 0
i have tried plain android. but i aways throw on a launcher.
so.. plain android.. i don't see the attraction.

I have always rooted and custom ROM within a few days of owning the device... with a launcher.

then i got the Note3.. because of the current lockdown...and a few hardware issues that need to be corrected first.
i have not rooted.. been running stock for 2 months.
still pretty happy.

I will root this .. once the hardware has been corrected

Upvote 0
I was using Touchwiz for a while, but now using MiHome for the moment, which is quite nice. I certainly don't detest Touchwiz, just fancied a change, which is one of the great things about Android. You're not stuck with whatever UI the manufacturer decides.

Touchwiz has the buttons on the wrong side of the "home" button.

Also, touchwiz doesn't have red underlined text for misspelt text

That's something I see a lot of on Chinese phones when entering English text. Because every word with more than one letter is misspelt according to the phone....:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones