• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions of the phone?

K-Rizzle

Android Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2009
So we just switched from Sprint to AT&T and my hubby got the LG thrill, while I got the Pantech Burst.

I like the burst, it has some really cool features and it's snappy and fast... but there are a few things that annoy me about it (screen doesn't get bright enough for my liking, can only open the stock email client (which I never use) and stock messenger (I'm a GO SMS fan) from the nifty lock screen, the bottom buttons are kind of slow and I've had to press the home or back button 3 times in a row for it to register, not fond of the camera UI, etc), so I decided to switch to the LG thrill. Looking at this section of the forum though it looks like lots of topics are problems people are having with the phone.

So I was wondering, should I deal with the little annoyances of the burst or keep going with my decision to trade it for the thrill (they've already put in the order to mail the thrill to me alogn with a return slip for the burst, but I'm sure I could send either one back). I only played with it for a little while before hubby left for work, but it seemed pretty solid and responsive and the screen was bright enough for my taste.

If you've had the phone for a while, are you satisfied with it?

So we just switched from Sprint to AT&T and my hubby got the LG thrill, while I got the Pantech Burst.

I like the burst, it has some really cool features and it's snappy and fast... but there are a few things that annoy me about it (screen doesn't get bright enough for my liking, can only open the stock email client (which I never use) and stock messenger (I'm a GO SMS fan) from the nifty lock screen, the bottom buttons are kind of slow and I've had to press the home or back button 3 times in a row for it to register, not fond of the camera UI, etc), so I decided to switch to the LG thrill. Looking at this section of the forum though it looks like lots of topics are problems people are having with the phone.

So I was wondering, should I deal with the little annoyances of the burst or keep going with my decision to trade it for the thrill (they've already put in the order to mail the thrill to me alogn with a return slip for the burst, but I'm sure I could send either one back). I only played with it for a little while before hubby left for work, but it seemed pretty solid and responsive and the screen was bright enough for my taste.

If you've had the phone for a while, are you satisfied with it?

Everything about the phone is great, except for the RAM. My phone is constantly going slow, freezing for a few seconds, and lagging like a b****. I'm gonna be selling mine very soon, at least I plan to. If you're the multi-tasking type, please don't get this phone. Save yourself the time and go with something a little more on the expensive side, it'll be worth it in the long run. I learned the hard way.

Upvote 0
The phone is fast enough but lacks in the software updating department due to LG. If it's RAM your worried about download and install fast reboot from the market. Whenever you phone feels slow just click on the icon and it'll free up some memory. Also another this would be to close out apps that you aren't using. Just make sure you exit out of all apps rather then just hitting the home button. Have fun with the Thrill!

Reactions: K-Rizzle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones