• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions on apps and customizations...

Answers in BLUE.

1. What are your most favorite apps? With 139 currently installed, I couldn't begin to answer this question. But Pandora sure is cool. :cool:

2. What do you like the most about your Droid? Every-frickin-thing!

3. What is your favorite customization? click --> My custom boot animation. <-- click :p

4. What do you like the LEAST about your Droid? That I really can't afford another one (with the monthly data charge) for my wife. :(

Upvote 0
Just picked one up and wanted to get some feedback.

1. What are your most favorite apps?

2. What do you like the most about your Droid?

3. What is your favorite customization?

4. What do you like the LEAST about your Droid?

1) "Live Scores" to keep tabs on all the NFL games and "AnyRSS Widget" are 2 of my favorite applications.

2) Everything - Exchange E-mail, Web Browsing, Music, and whatever else you want to do!

3) Home++ for 7 screens of customization!

4) The Droid IMO really does not have a major weakness.

Upvote 0
1) App: Pandora internet radio; Widget: The Pure Calendar series of widget (Cal, Grid, and Messenger) because they look amazing and add functionality.

2) I've had it a month and still keep finding new tricks or apps that make me go 'glee!' (so, Android OS I guess...)

3) Currently, using the Swype Beta keyboard as my default. So completely awesome. I've generally hated soft keyboards until now but I instantly got about 10x faster with this one app. (runner-up: home++)

4) Had a minor hardware issue with the aux port but they replaced my phone and it works great now.

Upvote 0

1. Root Explorer, Weather Widget - Donate, and Pandora.

2. Everything.

3. Everything. (Rooted phone... possibilities are endless now.)

4. I can't list anything here that would be realistic. I could say battery life, but I am constantly on it (usually Pandora and GPS tracker at the same time... bluetooth through my stereo in my car), so I guess my 3-4 hour battery life is still decent.

Upvote 0

1. gStrings,Advanced Task Killer, widgets for bluetooth+wireless+ringer,iMusic,A Online Radio,Quick Uninstaller

2. Verizon service, does almost everything

3. Panda Home works great

4. lack of feedback on slide kbd, small onscreen (portrait) kbd, too Google-centric (yes, I know)

Enjoy your new phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones